Care and Use of Your Chromebook
Students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook they have been issued by the school.
- Keep food, drinks, water away from the computer
- When unplugging the charger, grab and pull the plug not the cable
- Do not pick at, write on, or remove any of the labels
- Do not leave the Chromebook in a car or unsupervised area
Chromebooks Left in Unsupervised Areas
- Chromebooks should never be left in an unsupervised area
- Unsupervised areas include the school grounds and campus, the cafeteria, labs, gymnasium, locker rooms, library, unlocked classrooms, restrooms, and hallways.
- Any Chromebook left in these areas is in danger of being damaged or stolen.
- If an unsupervised Chromebook is found, notify a staff member immediately
- Unsupervised Chromebooks will be confiscated by staff.
Carrying the Chromebook
- Never pickup your Chromebook by grabbing the top of the screen
- Always close your Chromebook before you move it
Never pick up your Chromebook by grabbing the top of the screen
- Do not place items on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or ear buds).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth.
- Students are responsible for bringing the full charged Chromebook, along with the charger to school every day
- Students are responsible for bringing their Chromebook to all classes.
- Chromebooks should be stored in a backpack when not in use.
Chromebooks Left at Home
- Similar to other school provided resources, students are expected to bring their device to school, fully charged, each day.
- There are two loaner Chromebooks in each classroom. Because there are only two, we cannot guarantee that you will have use of a loaner so remember to bring yours.
Charging your Chromebook
- Students must fully charge their Chromebooks each evening.
- While a fully charged Chromebook battery should last for an entire day of regular use at school, students should bring their AC adapter to school each day.
What devices can I connect to a Chromebook?
- USB mice and keyboards
- SD cards
- External monitors and projectors
- Headsets, earbuds and microphones