Leadership is an elective class consisting of 7th and 8th graders who are elected officers and students interested in planning school activities. To enroll in the class, students must complete an application and be approved.
To apply to be a part of the Leadership / ASB Program, students are to do the following
by March 29th:
1. Attend the informational meeting at lunch on Wednesday, March 20th in room C204 at lunch.
2. Go to LINKS or to: http://bit.ly/HaleASBApply and read over the application information, fill out the form carefully, and submit. (Simply filling out the application on-line does not guarantee you an interview or a place in the class.)
3. Turn in your 10 week spring semester report card. This can be the original or a copy. Bring this to the advisor in room C204 by Friday March 29th. (Please indicate if you would like it returned.) Grades must be verified to be in Leadership and get an interview. There can be no D's. F's or U's on this report card, or on the 20 week final report card to qualify.
4. Obtain 3 teacher recommendations. Two of the teachers need to be current Math, English, Science, and or History teachers. The third teacher can be of your choosing; PE or elective, or another core teacher. No teachers from last year.
Provide teachers with your name and that you would like them to complete a Leadership recommendation. Teachers will be sent by Leadership a link to use for recommendations. Follow up with teachers as they sometimes forget!
* A note you can hand to teachers has been provided for you, select the document Leadership Teacher Recommendations.
Task Oriented Interviews will take place after school on Tuesday, April 4th and 9th and on Thursday, April 6th. Be sure that you check the email you put on the application - that is how we will be in touch to set up interviews. If you do not receive an email to attend an interview, we are unable to pursue your application further.
Parents are asked not to assist students in this process as it is the student that must show responsibility.
Any questions, please come talk to Ms. Seligson in room C204.
Below is a paper you can give to teachers to ask for recommendations. You need 3!