Daily Attendance Practices:
- Attendance will be taken everyday in all classes
- If a student is absent parents must email or send a note to the attendance office when they return
- The note should include the name of student (Last,First), date of absence, reason for absence, and parent signature/email
- Last names A-L, send your email to Michele Mckean at [email protected]
- Last names M-Z send your email to Cynthia Hernandez at [email protected]
- Absences that are not cleared will count as unexcused and could lead to truancy.
Monitoring your student's attendance in Schoology
Download the PDF that explains the process...
Early Leave Policy
If your child must leave school for any reason before the regular dismissal time, please send a note signed by a parent or guardian to the Attendance Office before school. It is a policy of the school that students will not be summoned, or released during Nutrition, Lunch, or 30 minutes prior to dismissal unless a parent or guardian has presented a note to the Attendance Office before school. To check out their child, a parent or guardian must come to the Attendance Office with a photo I.D. to release the child from school. If someone other than the parent or guardian will be picking up the child, the parent or guardian must write a note to the Attendance Office to inform us of who will be coming. The person picking up the student must be on the Emergency Card, and must show a photo I.D. Anyone who leaves campus without checking out through the Attendance Office will be considered truant.
Items Left at Home
It is the policy of the school that we will not deliver PE clothes, lunches, homework, books, cell phones, or any other items to students, once the school day has begun. Lunches may be left on a cart outside the attendance office. This policy is designed to minimize disruptions to classrooms, and our offices, and to encourage student responsibility. Thank you for understanding, and for helping us enforce this policy.
Attendance During Quarantine and Isolation
As per district guidelines, students who must stay at home due to COVID are considered absent.