Enroll At Hale for the 2022-23 School Year
Enrollment at Hale for the 2022-23 school year is now available for ALL new students.
All Families Enrolling at Hale Must Complete A Hale Enrollment Packet
– STEP 1- Complete Student Enrollment Packet forms online
– STEP 2 - Gather scans or photos of the Verification Documents
– STEP 3 - Submit hard copies of all forms to the Hale library beginning April 18th
You may complete the forms below online, print and bring them to the school library to enroll. Or, come to the school to pick up an enrollment packet, also from the library.
* For resident enrollment, you must show a current DWP or gas bill to verify your home address to receive an enrollment packet.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FORM
FOR STUDENTS NEW TO LAUSD
For New LAUSD Students, the Student Enrollment Form and Housing Questionnaire will be processed through the district's enroll.lausd.net website. You will need a Parent Portal account to enroll using this site. Go to ParentPortal.lausd.net to register for an account.
Follow the link above to the district site, then follow the steps on the attachment. After completing that process, you can return to our site to complete the rest of the forms.
CONTINUING LAUSD Student Enrollment Packet
FOR STUDENTS WHO ATTENDED AN LAUSD SCHOOL LAST YEAR
Enrollment Form (Continuing LAUSD Students)
Student Housing Questionnaire (Continuing LAUSD Students)
Both New and Returning LAUSD Students must complete the following forms:
Gather these Verification Documents with your enrollment packet (emailed scans or photos):
• Proof of Residence
Acceptable documents: utility service contract - Gas/DWP, rental lease agreement, official government mail, voter registration in parent's name, (must be current within the last month)
• Proof of Student’s Age
Acceptable documents: birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, court order, health office/vital statistics record of birth certificate, dated Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) letter verifying birthdate and an explanation of how this was verified
• Identity Verification of Parent/Guardian/Educational Rights Holder/Caregiver (“parent”)
Acceptable documents: student’s birth certificate, baptismal certificate, plus an adult’s government-issued photo identification (driver’s license, department of motor vehicle identification card)
• Proof of Immunization
For your reference, see the Parents’ Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry
- 6th Grade – 4 Polio, 5 DTaP, 3 Hep B, 2 MMR, 2 Varicella
- 7th Grade – 1 Tdap, and All of The Above
- 8th Grade – All of The Above
Examples of accepted, official documents include private physician offices, public health clinics, Department of Public Health record, pharmacy, or CAIR (California Immunization Registry). Name and date of birth must be included on the document.
• IF AVAILABLE/APPLICABLE PLEASE ALSO PROVIDE COPIES OF:
- Transcripts or most recent grade reports
- For parents of students with IEPs, please submit either a digital file or a hard copy of the most recent Individual Educational Plan (IEP)* to Mrs. Siff, Special Education Coordinator. ([email protected]). Mrs. Siff must review and confirm that the program and all services are available at Hale Charter for the student before any enrollment forms are completed.
- For parents of students with a Section 504 Plan, please submit either a digital file or hard copy of the most recent plan in person, or to [email protected]
- Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) 1399 Form, minute order, or court order
Submit hard copies of all Enrollment Forms and Verification Documents to the Hale library beginning April 18th.
Non-resident families must accept placement in one of our magnet or charter schools before submitting an enrollment packet.
2022-23 Information Packet
Please download and refer to these documents throughout the school year.