Distance Learning News and Resources
- Attendance will be taken everyday by 3:00 pm.
- If a student misses class due to technical issues, please email the teacher to let them know. Students who attempt to log in, but who miss class for technical reasons will be considered present.
- If a student is absent due to illness or reasons other than technical issues, parents must email the school.
- The email should include LAST, FIRST name of student, date of absence, reason for absence, and parent signature.
- Absences that are not cleared will count as unexcused and could lead to truancy.
Family and Student Handbook - Wednesday, AUGUST 5th
Below you will find links to the Family and Student Handbook to support you with starting the 2020/2021 school year online. This handbook is meant to be a guide to help families with information they will need in the days leading up to and through the first weeks of school.
The handbook includes information on topics such as accessing classes online, suggestions for the home environment, and addresses many of the questions you may have about distance learning, including the use of technology.
Please be aware that Parent and Student PINs will be distributed during our upcoming drive-thru Orientation. These will enable parents to register for the Parent Portal, and for students to access their MyMail accounts, and their classes.
Our hope is that this Family and Student Handbook will serve as an additional tool to help make the start of this school year a success. Please continue to monitor your email, our website, and Schoology for the latest information.
Family and Student Handbook:
· https://bit.ly/familyandstudenthandbook (English Version)
- https://bit.ly/manualparalasfamilias (Spanish Version)
How can I get a Chromebook or Hotspot?
If you need a Chromebook or Hotspot, please go to Device.LAUSD.net and enter access code lausd2020. You will be contacted when the device is ready for pickup.